You might be a gardening geek on Halloween if…
1. Your kids decide to dress up as scarecrows, raid your closet to get some old clothes, and then you realize they picked out the exact clothes you were just wearing this past weekend while working in the garden. Bonus points if you once dressed as a scarecrow at Halloween.
2. Your favorite Trick or Treaters are the little ones dressed like lady bugs, bees, sunflowers, daisies and garden fairies, and you sneak them extra treats. Bonus points if you ever dressed your own kids in these kinds of costumes or posted about plant-themed costumes.
3. You came up with a Halloween costume that allowed you to finally wear your gardening clogs to work. Bonus points if you came up with a costume that also allowed you take one of your hoes to work with you.
4. The pumpkins decorating your front porch are from your own garden. Bonus points if you paint faces on them because you don’t want to carve them until you are ready to make pie with them. Triple bonus points if you grew a pumpkin over 50 pounds and used that as your jack o’lantern.
5. You have at least two other types of homegrown gourds and a shock of corn, all from your own garden, decorating your porch. Bonus points for three or more varieties of homegrown gourds.
6. You think it might be fun to give each Trick or Treater a tulip bulb with instructions on how to plant it instead of giving them candy. Bonus points if you have actually done this. (Honestly I don’t think anyone is that geeky about gardening!)
You spend your Halloween evening attending the first regular season basketball game for the Indiana Pacers. Oops, don’t know how that got on the list, that’s not about gardening at all!
Are you a Halloween kind of gardening geek?