A Christmas tree at White River Gardens…
Instead of the 12 days of Christmas, here are 12 clues that you might be a gardening geek at Christmas time.
You might be a gardening geek at Christmas time if…
2. You have a gardening Santa with a shovel, watering can, and hoe. Bonus points if you wish that I was your neighbor so you could give it to me.
3. You have a hole dug outside to plant your live Christmas tree in as soon as the holidays are over. Bonus points if you’ve done this more than once.
4. Your gift wish list is full of gardening related stuff and your friends and family complain because it is so hard to find these gift items in December. Bonus points if your wish list includes a hoe.
5. You get a gardening tool for Christmas and like the kid who gets a new bicycle, you can hardly wait until spring so you can finally use it. Bonus points if it was a hoe.
6. Your favorite seasonal greeting is Hoe, Hoe, Hoe. Bonus points if you have a sign in your garden that says Hoe Hoe Hoe.
7. You see one of those holiday commercials featuring the luxury automobile with the big red bow on top and think it would be a much better gift if it was a sweet little pick up truck for hauling mulch and plants. Bonus points if you have been given, or gave yourself, a truck primarily for gardening. Double bonus points if you have actually received a load of mulch as a gift for any occasion.
8. You are surprised that more people aren’t shopping at the local garden center because it is far less crowded than the local malls and discount stores. Bonus points if you bought at least one Christmas gift at a garden center, for someone other than yourself.
9. When you give money as a gift, you always put it in a handmade seed packet and call it ‘seed money’. Bonus points if you have ever used money you got as a gift to buy seeds.
10. You ‘fix’ the drawing of names for the family gift exchange so you are sure to draw the name of someone who wants gardening related items. Bonus points if you actually buy them gardening related items.
11. You deck the halls with boughs of holly and other greenery cut from your own garden. Bonus points if you also grow your own Christmas trees.
12. You always buy amaryllis and paperwhite bulbs to force into bloom during the holidays. Bonus points if they are actually blooming on Christmas day.
Merry Christmas from May Dreams Gardens